What is “career coaching?”
Essentially this is a service that is provided to an individual to help them develop effective career planning, job searching, interviewing, and negotiating techniques, with the goal to assist them in landing a great new position.
So what does that entail, specifically?
There are basically 6 main components to this service:
- Career assessment/brainstorming – “What do you want to do and why?”
- Job search strategy and development – “Where do you want to do it?”
- Resume and cover letter – “How do we get their attention?”
- Networking assistance – “Getting their attention part II”
- Interview coaching and role playing – “How to land the job once you’ve got their attention”
- Job offer evaluation and negotiation assistance – “Feeling good about the decision and inking the deal”
And how do we get started, how does it work, and how much does it cost?
We get started by you contacting me, either by phone or email. We’ll set up regular times to talk by phone, Skype/Facetime, email, and/or in person. Your style and what suits your needs will determine much of how we communicate.
We work through each of the steps, spending more time in areas that you need, or skipping over stuff that you feel comfortable with – it isn’t a rigid step-by-step system unless that’s what best fits your situation.
The rate for this service is $75 per hour with a 3-hour minimum.
So let’s get started…